UpdatedTuesday July 28, 2020 byStafford Softball.
SGSA COVID-19 GUIDELINES
- All players, coaches, umpires, and spectators are to observe social distancing guidelines.
- Any player, coach or spectator who is not feeling well or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to play and should not attend practice or games until cleared by a medical professional and produces a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Parents are responsible to take their child’s temperature prior to attending a game or practice.
- Parents will sign their child into each practice/game and answer the screening questions prior to practicing or game start.
- Parents and spectators are to view the games from 6’ beyond the bleachers or may choose to sit behind the outfield fence.
- Non-family household members must remain 6’ from other spectators.
- Masks will need to be worn in common areas, bathrooms, and whenever 6’ social distancing is not able to be maintained.
- No more than 5 people are allowed in the actual dugout at one time (2 coaches/ 3 players)
- Markers along the fence represent where players will hang their equipment bags.
- Players are asked to bring a camping chair to place at their equipment bag so when they are not in the dugout or on the field, they will have a place to sit.
- When playing teams from out of town, each team will use their own balls.
- Sharing of equipment will not be permitted. If equipment is shared, it must be sanitized between uses.
- Parents and spectators are not to approach players unless it is absolutely necessary.
- At the conclusion of a game players will kneel on the 1st and 3rd baseline and wave to the other team instead of handshaking.
- Game ball recipients for 10U+ will be chosen by opposing team’s coaches but will be presented to the player by that player’s head coach. Head coaches for the 6U & 8U divisions will choose and distribute game balls to their own player.
- No sunflower seeds or spitting will be permitted.
- Players should bring their own food and drink and must not share these items.
HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONS
• Have you or has anyone in your home had contact within the last fourteen days with any person under screening/testing for COVID-19, or with anyone with known or suspected COVID-19?
• Do you have a fever (100.4°F or higher), or a sense of having a fever?
• New cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• New shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• New sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• New muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
• Within the last 14 days have you traveled to a state that is identified on the travel advisory list?